Friday, May 16, 2014

2014 Tesla Model S v. 2014 Mercedes-Benz S550


...Motor Trend Deep Analysis...

The Showdown Of Showdowns
2014 Tesla Model S v. 2014 Mercedes-Benz S550

The 2014 Tesla Model S and the 2014 Mercedes-Benz S550 are the two top sedans made today, and the question is which is better? I have a former employee, who now works for Tesla, and one day he called me up, just like Jerry Seinfeld on Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee, and said, "Hey want to take a Model S for a serious test drive?" I took him up on his offer and I took this photo of the Tesla interior and did a blog post on Jake's Panerai World.


So I have driven the the Tesla, but I have not driven the Mercedes yet, so I really can't conclude, but based upon what I know, it seems like the Mercedes-Benz is better than the Tesla. Why? The Tesla was amazing but it drove more like a 911, or a sports car, which is nice, but I prefer real luxury over a sports car. The seats in the Tesla were nice, but they were not luxurious, and lacked massagers or built-in air-conditioning. Basically the interior of the Mercedes Blows away the Tesla. 


Apparently Mercedes is working on a hybrid version of the S-Class, as well as a plug-in hybrid version of the S-Class, and I have to imaging Mercedes is working seriously on an all-electric S-Class, the only question is what is taking them so long? Also, hopefully Tesla will work on updating the interiors of the Model S Telsa. As they say, time will tell, but at this time, I agree with Motor Trend...

This review was profound to me, since I was seriously contemplating getting one of these two cars as my next sedan, and as of now, I was planning on getting the Mercedes over the Tesla. I am unusual though since I have been spoiled by driving Lexus LS models exclusively for the past few decades, so I know too much about an have a deep appreciation for real luxury, which the Tesla lacks...If I didn't know any better, or didn't care about serious comfort, I would probably prefer the Californian Tesla...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If You Enjoy Jake's Architecture World Be Certain To Check Out Jake's Other Blogs: